Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shenanigans...

Oh what a night! So Thursday night my friend Wilma and I decide to go see a friends band play! She texted me saying she had a suprise for me at her house and to hurry up! So dressed in my favorite Cher shirt, my standard leggings, a sweater and nerd glasses I headed over! To my delight and suprise standing in the kitchen, was our friend Donny! It was so fun to see him after like a year of him living in Eugene! So we head over to where DrySeason was playing and then the REAL fun began!
Wilma and I are not smokers, but we went outside where all the smokers were and we were just standing around laughing, making fun of people and the silly things they say when drunk when this older man comes up to us and starts talking! We talked for a minute maybe and went back inside and played some Big Buck Safari and walked around talking to people and having fun! Then we see our old man friend sitting at the bar with two younger men chatting it up! We wave, he calls us over and preceeds to tell the two young men, "These girls are crazy! This one's HOT and this one's NOT!" Me being the "NOT!" I was in shock for a moment said, "Awesome! Thanks!" and walked off.
I don't get how someone has the balls to say that to someone's face! Especially, someone they don't know!!! I know I'm not a size 0 and I never will be but give me a break I'm not that ugly! His opinion really doesn't matter because well I'm not alone at a bar in my 60's, but regardless it still hurt my feelings! It made me think of how jacked up our society is in how we view beauty. It makes me sad that so many wonderful, smart, beautiful and talented women are being told they are not really beautiful because they aren't a certain size. Why are we not celebrating the wonderful gifts and talents of people? Why are looks so important? Don't get me wrong I know I'm part of the problem! I judge and hold myself and others to this idea of "real beauty" and it makes me sick to my stomach! But after that so not awesome comment I don't want to be apart of the problem but the solution! I know who I am and I'm proud of myself. My worth and value isn't in what I look like or if I'm dating someone. My worth and value are in who I am in Christ Jesus! Cheesy as that may be it's still true! He loves me more than anyone ever will!
So suck it old man! Haha! So loving I know!

My Mom, Dad and I took my car, Rosemary, over to Bend, OR this past weekend for my Sissy's 33rd birthday! On Saturday my Dad and I went out to breakfast where he used to take me on Saturday mornings sometimes growing up! Now he's on the wall of fame! I'm so proud!

For the Sister's birthday dinner we went to Greg's Grill! They made special menu's for us! So sweet! It was so fun to spend time with my sister! She's so beautiful!

My Mama! She's so precious!
Toni & Lauren My Sister's Bestie Joe's parentals.
Joe and my Dad!
Sister Please!
Blowing out that candle!


After dinner I met up with my BESTIE from junior high Michele "Mango!" We went kareoke at a place called Bo's! It was so fun! I sang Cher's "Believe" and Mango in her kareoke debut sang Alanis Morrisette's "You oughtta know" it was so funny! We made friends with some people and stole the show for sure!
Mango and Kiwi...reunited and it feels so good!

We found one of our besties from junior high David Williams! It was good to see him! Sometimes I miss Bend and wonder what life would have been like had we not moved to Southern California. Howevs it's always fun to visit!


On the Sister's actual birthday we went to a place called Boston's. It was amazing food! We laughed the whole time we were there! A friend from way back in the day came with us! Plus my Mom's bestie and her husband, Joe and his parents and their friends. It was a big ol' party! Then we made the long trip home to Grants Pass, OR! Sad day but totes worth the drive and gas money!

It's Micah Wood! What?!
Loves& Blessings,
Kansy
















No comments:

Post a Comment