Wednesday, August 4, 2010

DIY...dresser...

So today I decided to finally repaint my dresser. I've had this dresser since I was 9. I so lovingly put pastel teddy bear stickers on it to class it up! And it needed a face lift for sure. Since I move in just 5 DAYS, I thought it might be fun to make it more modern. I've been wanting to do this for a while but lacked major motivation. So here is my attempt at being crafty!
I thought it would be cute to try and stencil an owl on there. Didn't quite work so I will have to find another way but it was fun trying.

The dressers are white with light pink handles. First I wiped them down and removed the teddy bear stickers with Goo gone, which is AMAZING! Then sanded them down really lightly. Wiped them down again and painted the fronts black and the handles HOT PINK! Might as well have a little fun! I used spray paint that we had in the shed so this cost me nothing which makes me even happier!!!
When it's all dry I will be posting pictures so you can see how not crafty I am! It was a fun project and it made me feel handy! I'm so excited to see the finished product! I really do hope it turns out well.
I am not an artsy or crafty person by any means but I'm always inspired by DIY projects. I know what I can and can't do when it comes to projects so I try and venture out every once in a while and try something I wouldn't normally do. Mostly, I stick to what I know are in my capabilities. Who knows what I might see and do next!
Loves& BLessings,
K





1 comment:

  1. Ooo. I can't wait to see how this turns out. The owl stencils seem like a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete